Monday, 9 January 2017

LUSH SKINCARE // MASK OF MAGNAMINTY & TREE TREE WATER

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been really investing into creating a decent skincare routine. Towards the end of last year, November time, my skin got so bad as I became lazy with even the simplest of skincare. I've never had really bad skin but I would occasionally breakout, get dry and oily patches. I was generally not happy with my skin and would just keep covering it up with foundation. The main thing I needed to kick was not properly taking off my makeup, foundation was probably clogging my pores more than I could imagine. Therefore, in December I began creating a simple skincare routine I could follow and keep up.

Along the way I have discovered many new products and I pretty hooked already - I never thought I would be a skincare junkie but I think it's the beginning of a very expensive habit. Understandably, reading beauty blogs and reading the reviews on amazing products makes it temping to go out and try them. 

These two Lush skincare products were recommended via @glowkit on Twitter. This is a makeup and skincare account that I've been following recently. Her thread featured her favourite skincare products and when these two from Lush were mentioned I knew I had to try them. The next day, after talking with the ever amazing Lush staff I bought; Mask of Magnaminty' face & body mask and 'Tree Tree Water' toner water. 



Lush is one of my all-time favourite brands as their ethics and the quality of their products are outstanding. I've used the Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask before but the Mask of Magnaminty looked particularly interesting as it can also be used for your body. 

I bought the 125g size for £6.25 but the amount you get is really good value for money. The main ingredient that you can smell as soon as you open the pot is peppermint. This is also displayed in its green colour and intense cooling effect this has on your skin. 

The main purpose of this mask is to 'fight eruptions and outbreaks' and return your skin to tip top condition'. Very true to say my skin feels so so soft after this mask it's amazing. 
One of the Lush girls informed me that this is an amazing one for acne sufferers, the natural ingredients and the cooling, calming properties of this products are great. As it's used for your body as well, despite I've only ever used this on my face, it's suppose to be effective for back acne sufferers. 

With this mask you want to apply a generous layer on your skin or body, leave on for 5-10 minutes. As soon as you begin to apply it the cooling sensation is relaxing and I can definitely see why this property helps soothe troubled skin. You simply rinse off with warm water to finish and ta-dah, beautifully soft skin and reduced blemishes.


The second product I bought was the Tree Tree Water. This is supposedly a 'skin saver' when it comes to troubled skin. It is an antibacterial, antiseptic toner that aims at fighting oily or spot prone skin. I have an oily t-zone so I was hoping this would reduce visibility, but this also makes my skin feel like a baby's bum, and just really really clean.

I spray this onto fresh out the shower kinda skin - nothing on before. I spritz about 3/4 sprays directly onto my skin and wipe over with a cotton pad. However, you can also spray straight onto a cotton pad a wipe on. It cleanses your face of any dirt or left over makeup that may have clung on to your skin despite washing. By applying this on your skin, will help keep your pores clear of any grime that may be on your skin.


I love this and use it every morning and night. You can also use it on your hair and on your pillow - check out the Lush video which explains this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMbXg92BZ_Y

I have the 100g £4.50 bottle but it's fair to say despite getting small sizes to try these products to see if I liked them, I would definitely repurchase again. 


Have you ever tried these products? What are you're favourite skincare products from Lush?






SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love lush facemasks! They always make my skin feel so good after! I haven't tried any of the sprays before so will definitely be looking into those! Great post lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toner spray is so good, think they do a rose oil one too - can't go a day without using it! x

      Delete
  2. Ooh these look so good, Defo going to have to give them a try!

    Beautywithdanielle.wordpress.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very worth it, my skins never felt so soft!!! X

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig