Friday, 6 January 2017

BEAUTY FAVOURITES OF 2016

The beginning of a new year ultimately means a round-up of all the wonderful things that graced us last year. In 2016 I discovered many great products that are affordable, I found myself reaching for on a daily basis and became staples in my makeup bag.

I've recently found myself with an actual working skincare routine that I am continuing to stick to, whilst 2016 wasn't a great year for my skin, this year is already a millions times better and hopefully this will continue throughout 2017. Due to this fact, is why most of these favourites are makeup based, however, a skincare routine featuring all my new favourite products will be coming very soon.



1) Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Before I began using my beloved Liz Earle cleanse and polish to remove makeup, this micellar water was my go-to and still is if I'm feeling a bit lazy. I use this with either a makeup wipe or cotton pad and for the incredible price, I think it works a treat. Guaranteed my skin feels a million times better after using the Liz Earle C&P but this was a staple for my very basic skincare routine in 2016.

2) Bondi Sands Gradual Tanning Milk
I love gradual tanners as I am too scared to use proper fake tan, plus I like the more natural looking and moisturising effects you get with these. Bondi Sands is one of the top Australian fake tanning brands and I'm not surprised, the coco butter scent and the natural glow I achieve is really good, not streaks and only takes me about 10 minutes to apply this over my body. I need to get my hands on more of their products!


3) Topshop Beauty Highlighter - Crescent Moon
On to makeup.. THIS HIGHLIGHTER! I've never got so many compliments on one thing in my life, I swear. The glow you get from this highlighter is amazing and so worth the £12. Since I bought this I haven't used another highlighter, neither gone a day without wearing it with my makeup. I love Topshop makeup, I think the quality of the items for the price is so good and this product is up there with the best from their range. I have the shade 'crescent moon' which I'd say is champagne with a hint of pearl pink. It's well pigmented and lasts all day. A staple in my makeup routine.

4) NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream - Stockholm
Whilst this product isn't the most amazing liquid lipstick out there, it's one that I've reached to many times. I don't own a variety of liquid lipsticks but this is definitely good and affordable. I love the colour and with a liner underneath it's longevity increases significantly. Despite this I do prefer the formula of the liquid suede collection from NYX as they're not as drying. Nevertheless with moisturised lips, this product is great.


 
5) Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer - Ivory
This concealer has been a staple in my makeup bag for more than just a year and only recently have I picked up different one. I love the wake me up range but this is my favourite from the collection. I love the slight shimmer this has, it's great for lightening and highlighting the skin, which is great for brightening up under the eyes. 
6) Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - Beige N54
This year I definitely need to mix up my base makeup as this is another product I've used religiously and repurchased countless times, because I love it so much. This colour is perfect for my skin tone and with the concealer I get such a dewy finish, which I love. It blends well and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I would say it's medium/ light coverage but you can easily build it up without it being cakey. It does become a bit patchy after really long wear but for the affordable price, you can't really go wrong.


7) Real Techniques Beauty Sponge / B. Beauty Makeup Sponge
Beauty blenders and makeup sponges have blown up with popularity over the last year and rightly so, I can't do my makeup without one. The Real Techniques sponge is the one I'be been using consistantly, however it's super mucky and wouldn't look great in photos - so I've pictured my new B.Beauty sponge instead which I haven't fully tested yet - so far so good though.. 
The RT sponge has a straight side to it which I love and use for foundation application, the pointed side for concealer specifically. It's also slighter bigger than the B.Beauty one which I like. Depending on how I get on with the B.Beauty one, I may have to repurchase the RT one because it has made doing my base makeup so much easier and quicker. 


So there are my top beauty picks from 2016, it's safe to say I'm going to be switching up my makeup to try some new things, nevertheless, these products have served me well and will continue to do so.






SHARE:

2 comments

  1. lovely post, totally agree with the NYX liquid lipstick, it;s been one of my favourites of the year too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, need to try the lingerie ones too x

      Delete

MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig